Privacy and Website Security Policy
Thank you for visiting the MOTC Global Information Network website. We absolutely respect your personal privacy, and are committed to protecting it. To understand how the MOTC Global Information Network protects your online rights, please read the following information carefully:
Scope of policy application
The Collection of Personal Information
- For persons who are purely browsing or downloading from the MOTC Global Information Network, the website does not collect any personal identification data.
- The website will record the user's IP location, time of online contact, and web pages surfed during the visit. These data will be provided for internal use by the website's managing agency for quantitative analysis of website browsing and web behavior, with the aim of enhancing the quality of the website's services. The MOTC Global Information Network will carry out overall analysis of the behavior of users as a whole, and no analysis of individual users will be undertaken.
Website Security Policy
Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change the services and related information which provided by MOTC is strictly prohibited and may violate the law. For the safety of the website and to ensure stable operations, the website has adopted the following safety measures:
- Installing a firewall and limiting connections from specific ports to prevent illegal invasion and use to guarantee users' rights.
- Using a detecting system for any network invasion, monitoring and controlling the flow so as to block the malicious behaviors of unauthorized uploads, alteration, or hackers.
- Installing virus scan software to offer users a safer environment for browsing.
- Using weakness detection software to aperiodically scan for, reinforce, and correct network system weaknesses.
- Simulated cyberattacks on the network are staged at irregular intervals to test system procedures for recovering from cybersecurity incidents and to ensure this website's uninterrupted operation.
- Regularly making back-up files.
- Following security maintenance notifications from relevant operating system suppliers or application suppliers and installing proper PATCH.
When using data from the MOTC website…
All data contained in the MOTC website (including graphic and text files) is copyrighted by the MOTC (except for external websites linked via the MOTC website). Before using any data from the MOTC website, or from any web page linked to the MOTC website, please first obtain permission from the MOTC by e-mailing a request to the "Contact us" mailbox.